Last updated April 4, 2019.
BA.Life (The Firm Organisation) fully respects your right to privacy and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You are entitled to the protection of your personal information. This data may relate to your name, telephone number, email address or any other information relating to you.
Please read the following privacy statement to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact with BA.Life. This Policy applies to all your Personal Data collected by (or on behalf of) The Firm Organisation, together referred to in this Policy as “BA.Life”, “we”, “us” and “our”.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data?
The entity which is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data is The Firm Organisation Limited whose registered office is 32 Merrion Street, Dublin 2.
The Firm Organisation is the Data Controller and is responsible for the processing of your data.
Who can you contact if you have Questions or Requests?
Our Data Protection Officer will handle your questions or requests relating to this Policy or your Personal Data. For any questions or requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you may contact us at the below:
Name: Darran Jones
Position: Data Protection Officer (Group)
We value your Personal Data entrusted to us and we are committed to processing your Personal Data in a fair, transparent and secure way. The key principles that BA.Life applies are as follows:
- Lawfulness: we will only collect your Personal Data in a fair, lawful and transparent manner.
- Data minimisation: we will limit the collection of your Personal Data to what is directly relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected.
- Purpose limitation: we will only collect your Personal Data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not process your Personal Data further in a way incompatible with those purposes.
- Accuracy: we will keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date.
- Data security and protection: we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of data security and protection considering, among others, the nature of your Personal Data to be protected. Such measures provide for the prevention of any unauthorised disclosure or access, accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, or alteration and any other unlawful form of Processing.
- Access and rectification: we will process your Personal Data in line with your legal rights.
- Retention limitation: we will retain your Personal Data in a manner consistent with the applicable data protection laws and regulations and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected.
- Protection for international transfers: we will ensure that any of your Personal Data transferred outside the EEA is adequately protected.
- Safeguards re third parties: we will ensure that Personal Data access by (and transfers to) third parties are carried out in accordance with applicable law and with suitable contractual safeguards.
- Lawfulness of direct marketing and cookies: if we send you promotional materials or place cookies on your computer, we will ensure that we do so in accordance with applicable law.
What information do we collect?
We collect and store information that you provide to us when you interact and use the BA.Life platform and use the services. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, PPS number date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data including residential address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website; (You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.)
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data, products and services; and
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Any information which you provide to us is not made available to any third parties without your permission and is used by BA.Life only in line with the purpose for which you provided it and in accordance with the GDPR.
How do we use the information?
We will only process your Personal Data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and we will not process your Personal Data further in a way that is incompatible with those purposes.
Such purposes include those outlined in the Terms of Service in the provision of services for BA.Life and the production of KPI reports on the usage of the BA.Life platform. Separately from the terms of service, we may also need to process your data for various purposes, such as;
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may also use the information you send to us to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding events or services we think may be of interest to you or to send you a newsletter, if you have consented to such contact. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “How can I Exercise my Data Subject Rights” section below).
What is the legal basis for processing Personal Data?
- you have given us your consent for the purposes of the Processing. For the avoidance of doubt, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; or
- it is required by law.
How do we share your Personal Data?
We do not share your personal information with anyone except where consent has been provided or is necessary for the execution of a contract or is required by law.
Is my Personal Data secure?
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that we receive. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards despite our best efforts to prevent this.
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and in accordance with current industry standards and practice.
Your Personal Data will only be processed by a third-party data processor if that data processor agrees to comply with those technical and organisational data security measures.
Maintaining data security means protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data:
- Confidentiality: we will protect your Personal Data from unwanted disclosure to third parties.
- Integrity: we will protect your Personal Data from being modified by unauthorised third parties.
- Availability: we will ensure that authorized parties are able to access your Personal Data when needed.
Our data security procedures include: access security, backup systems, monitoring, review and maintenance, management of security incidents and continuity, etc.
How long will we use your Personal Data for?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We only retain the data for as long as you are using the platform and for a period of 120 days post your last login. Once this retention period has expired, the data is anonymised and you will not be able to log into your account. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. This retention period is decided upon after we conduct a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) to assess the data protection risks involved.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Right to erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Information We Automatically Collect:
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our Website.
(“IP”) address. Information collected by cookies and other similar technologies – we use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to users’ computers. For further information, please see the section below headed “Cookies and other Tracking Technologies”.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your Personal Data, we may disclose it to the following categories of recipients, which will then process your Personal Data only for one of the following purposes:
a) Within our organisations:
- Our authorised staff members;
- Our affiliates and subsidiary companies;
b) Third party business partners:
- Business partners: for example, trusted companies that may use your Personal Data to provide you with the services and/or the products you requested and/or that may provide you with marketing materials (provided that you have consented to receiving such marketing materials). Such business partners will be subject to strict confidentiality.
c) Other third parties:
- when required by law or as lawfully necessary to protect the BA.Life.
- to comply with the law, requests from authorities, court orders, legal procedures, obligations related to the reporting and filing of information with authorities, etc.;
- to verify or enforce compliance with BA.Life policies and agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of BA.Life and/or its customers;
- in connection with corporate transactions: in the context of a transfer or divestiture of all or a portion of its business, or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganisation or liquidation of all or part of BA.Life.
If you have consented to receiving certain promotional or marketing communications from us, you can opt-out of receiving such promotional or marketing communications from us at any time, by using the unsubscribe link in the emails communications we send, click the “Exercise your Rights” link available at the bottom of our Privacy Statement, or send us a message via our website.
Certain personal data may be used on an aggregated basis for the profiling of certain regions for the reason of customization based on region. We do not profile individual data subjects and data subjects are not subject to automated decision making.
Transfer of Data outside the EEA
All processing is conducted within the EEA.
How can I Exercise my Data Subject Rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
Right to object: If we are using your data because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so, and you do not agree, you have the right to object. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases). Generally, we will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply.
Right to withdraw consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your Personal Data for certain activities, or consent to market to you, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Right to Rectification: if your Personal Data that we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your Personal Data.
Data Subject Access Requests: Just so it's clear, you have the right to ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and to provide you with copies of that information. We will respond to your request within 30 days. At this point we may comply with your request or, additionally do one of the following:
- we may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request; and
- where we are legally permitted to do so, we may decline your request, but we will explain why if we do so.
Right to erasure: In certain situations (for example, where we have processed your data unlawfully), you have the right to request us to "erase" your Personal Data. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases) and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply. If we do agree to your request, we will delete your data.
Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your data from us to another data controller. We will help with this – either by directly transferring your data for you, or by providing you with a copy in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
If your interests or requirements change, you can unsubscribe from part or all of our marketing content by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, or by sending us a request via email).
Changing this Policy
We may need to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will alert you to material changes by, for example, placing a notice on our websites and/or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so by applicable law. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was most recently updated on 1st of April 2019